All I want to do is sit with my eyes closed and think about those kids. Most of my time was spent at the NIBC Kindergarten Rainbow School. There are about twenty-five 3-5 year olds that attend.

A few things I miss already....
1. Their morning stretches - they begin each day with a Khmer exercise song set to a very catchy and repetitive tune and they are so darn cute doing it. Then they all take turns singing and stretching in front of the class.

2. Their 'hello song' - they don't understand a word of it but they proudly sing the hello song everyday:
hello, hello, hel-lo-o,
how are you?
i'm fine, i'm fine,
i hope that you are, too.
how are you?
i'm fine, i'm fine,
i hope that you are, too.
3. The way they always pose for pictures with the peace sign.

4. How they want to sing the same song over and over and over again.
5. How they want you to read the same book over and over and over again.
6. Their big eyes.
7. The simple joy they have as shown by their huge smiles.

8. How their little hands come together in front of their face when they say, "Awkun, necru" (thank you, teacher) when I give them a crayon, wash their hands or say good bye.


9. Lyno, Jolana, Sreyya, Eat (yes, that's his name!), Dawan, to name a few.


10. Their little blue neckties.
11. The serious way they do their connect the dots and how proud they are when they finish.
12. Snack time. This one is 'borrowing' milk from his friend! :)

13. The immediate trust and affection they show as they just sit right on your lap or give you a hug.
I see so much potential in these kids - and I see so much hope in this school.
Now, when I pray for the future of Cambodia, I have these faces to lift up.
Now, when I pray for the future of Cambodia, it's a little more personal.
Now, I pray for Cambodia.
-Connie