Greetings! From Danny Dokko's living room. HG and I (Kwan) arrived late last night (It being 3AM right now) and we're currently finishing up our last minute preparations after hours of bag packing and repacking. I think I speak for the entire team when I say that we're anxious, excited, tired, and hungry. And we're still in America. We're set to get to church early to be sent off by both the KM and the EM and then head to the airport for our 1:30 flight. If you get a chance to read this please pray for smooth travels and no passport mishaps (HG apparently washed his with his clothes, but hopefully that doesn't cause any problems).
As the next two weeks progress we'll do our best to update this blog every 2-3 days. The idea is to have a different team member post once or twice throughout the trip so you can get a taste of all of our personalities. Being a smaller team, and completely inexperienced, I can only imagine what kind of shenanigans we'll get into. But hopefully in the end, God is pleased with what we do and we're able to convey what we see and experience to you, our Body.
Please do pray for us. We hear it so often that we're sometimes desensitized to it, but we need your prayers. Prayers for safe travels, patience, unity, open mind and heart, efficiency, effectiveness, the ability to listen, the boldness to act, the wisdom to wait, and to appreciate the experience we're about to have. Honestly, I don't know what to expect. But with God, nothing is impossible, which means all things are possible. (I think I got that off a bumper sticker). So, for now, farewell and see you later. Hopefully you'll hear from us in about 48-72 hours.
Kwan